Friday, May 18, 2012

my people

I thought that this past semester I was going to have more time to Blog again, but just as quick as classes started so did the papers, projects, tests, and then final exams leaving me no time to squeeze in a brief time to sit on my couch and enjoy a favorite television show, much less blog.
I am learning in life that I am going to have to make time for the important things. I cannot possibly read every bit of material that they hand me in each of my classes without spending the whole entire day in the library. I for one know that I have to have a life. I have to have relationships with others to keep me sane. And this semester though I tried to focus on my school work, I really tried to look at my relationships. People that felt like I had brushed them off, I made extra time for them. People that I spent a lot of time with I spent even more time enjoying that community together. It is in a community that we grow, we thrive, and we find out more about our own selves.
When I think about these people I think about my current summer interest "Grey's Anatomy." Christina tells Meredith that she is her person in one of the earlier episodes (where I am currently at in the series) and during the finale last night Meredith tells Christina that she is her person. I look at my life and I try to picture who my person is, but I can not picture just one, except I picture a group of people. I picture several people who are "my person" to get me through the day. I have that person who is the encourager, I have the person who is always a phone call away, I have the person who is always there, I have the person who always listens, and I have the person that I can always count on to make me laugh.
I know for one that I could not have made it through some of the moments of this semester without the people that were by my side. These people were there for the happy moments and my sad moments when all I wanted to do was lay down and cry with some Ben and Jerry's. These are my people. These will be the people that I will continue to build relationships with throughout the years. These are my people who I will be at there weddings and they'll be at mine, I will cheer them through mother/fatherhood, these are my people who I will grow old being friends with.These are my people who I know have my back (literally). These are my people who I know will always be there.   Its such a wonderful feeling to have people like this.

Do you have your people, in your own lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment