Friday, February 14, 2014

m+m

Valentines Day 2014

Today is Valentines day. A day that many Americans dread. But for me...I love Valentines day because I love LOVE. I love the idea of two people being in love. Loving each other as God loves his people. I love having a day that we can devote to this and go a little ABOVE and BEYOND to really be intentional to show that we love.

Marc and I met in September of my Junior year and his Senior year in college. We started dating in November and now have spent three Valentines day's together. Though we show that we love one another daily it is always nice to carve out special time just to be with each other the WHOLE day.

this is us on our second Valentines together.
I honestly don't know why I never took a picture of the first one.

I have been so blessed by Marc's presence in my life. When we first met I honestly thought that we would just go on a few dates and then it be over (he knows this). I never saw myself falling in love with him the way I have. I had just came out of a serious relationship and he had his fair share of failed relationships as well. We both had had our heart broken, and were both scared to let someone close to it again.

The more that we hung out and opened up to one another about our passions and dreams the more we grew together. Marc was actually one of the first people that I mentioned Graduate School to and I will never forget his response, "do it!" Marc has been one of the greatest supporters in my life. When I need that extra push he is always there telling me his plan for me to get there. 

This year, 2014, is going to bring about so many new changes to our relationship. Marc will graduate in May with his MPA. Get a job in local government and move away from Boone. I will have a year left in Graduate School, and a second internship waiting on me next fall. I always like to gift Marc something special, so this year I choose a gift that will last all year long. Another way of showing my love throughout the year. 


I had other plans to add to this, but the unpredictable weather had other ideas for me. I was snowed in my apartment since Wednesday night and was not able to make it to the store (slacking...I know). 

We tried to go on the Parkway today, one of our favorite things to do in Boone, but the Road Crews had other plans.
We ended up taking a snowy walk around Bass lake, getting coffee in Downtown Blowing Rock, and then catching a movie.

"Your the only one I see love. And thats the one thing that won't change. I will never stop trying. I will never stop watching as you leave. I will never stop loosing my breathe, every time I see you looking back at me. I will never stop holding your hand..I will never stop Choosing you babe, I will never get used to you." 



No comments:

Post a Comment