Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Michael Jordan Year// Thoughts on being [23]


Yesterday was my 23rd birthday. 
Or as Miley Cyrus likes to put it, my Michael Jordan year.
Or as Blink 182 puts it when nobody likes you. 
Despite the lack of positive song lyrics about being 23, I celebrated as best as I could. 



My birthday, to me, has always been like a National Holiday. I start counting down the days right after Christmas. 
I love celebrating and being around the people who mean the most to me on this day. 
My family always celebrates the day before, because of being off work for MLK day. 

My family came up for the day and we hit the outlets looking for some great deals on clothes. We found them. 
We also enjoyed just sitting around and enjoying a beautiful day in Boone. 
That night, we went to dinner at a Japanese statehouse in Boone. 




(I wish I would have gotten pictures with everyone who came to celebrate, these are the ones my momma snapped to remember the day.) 

On my actual Birthday (Tuesday) I had two three hour classes. 
Boone was calling for snow and it started about 1pm. 
When I got out of class at 3:30 the ground was covered and it was sticking really good. 
In 23 years of life, I have never seen one Birthday that did not include snow. 
Perks of a January Birthday. 

My birthday dinner with friends was canceled due to slick roads. 
The University closed classes after 3:30, so my roommates were able to be at home with me. 
My roommate Karen cooked toco soup (one of my favorite meals of hers.) 
I will have to have her come over to my house one day just to fix it. 
Marc's momma made me cupcakes for my birthday dinner the night before and we had leftovers. 
We ate these sweet treats and watch the marathon of Teen Mom 2. 
My Child Development and Social Work Brain waves were off the chart while watching it.  

Today is a snow day for me from my internship at a local school. 
It is also catchup day for the work that I have not brought myself to do yet. 


So, 
Here is to being 23. My Jordan year. Wishing for great things to happen, a lot of memories made, and health and happiness as this new year of life starts off. 

xoxo, 
Mindy 



No comments:

Post a Comment