Wednesday, January 26, 2011

learning to enjoy the snow days

Today ASU was blessed with a Snow day, I however was not. I have class at 10 am and then 12. Classes were canceled after 1 pm. Though I was not given a snow day I was given a reason to go back to my apartment and get into my pj's at 1:15 in the afternoon (and that never happens for me). Today as I enjoyed my afternoon off I watched the Bachelor. My sister always tells me that I am crazy for watching that show, but this season there is one girl whose story has touched my heart.
Emily, from Charlotte NC has captured my heart as the one I think Brad should pick. She is beautiful, southern, a mom, and does not sit and cause drama toward any of the other girls. She is truly a genuine individual. Everyone on the show says "Emily is so nice you cant hate her" and that is something that I want people remember me by.

I hope that I flood everyone that i come in contact with nice words and spirit. I read last night during my devotion a passage in Proverbs. "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24
As I think about this verse I try to imagine what my life would be like if I never complain, never fuss, and never try to not do something. I know people will take notice. I know that I will not even not complain-but its worth a shot. It is worth a shot to bring out pleasant words that are healing to the bones of your friends, family, classmates, coworkers, and even roommates. Thinking pleasantly sure does put you in a better mood as well.
So this week, I am going to be "so nice that they cant hate me" I hope you will try it too.


Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment