Friday, January 21, 2011

Two Decades Old

Today marks the day.
The day that I turn 20 years old!



I have been told that once you hit 20 your life speeds by, but I already feel like my life is speeding by. I feel like yesterday I was walking the halls of North Iredell High School as a little Freshman, in my jean skirt (yes i do still remember what I wore on my first day of high school). And now I am making my way across campus, class, work, and meetings at Appalachian each day. I feel as if my days are feel with going rather than remembering.
This year marks my year of trying to slow down and "smell the roses." I will enjoy the 800 ft of snow that we get each week in Boone ( i know im being very sarcastic) because one day I'll be gone from Boone, and work will be canceled due to snow. I will slow down to remember the times I spend with my friends, sorority sister, and enjoy the moments with my family even more. I will savor each moment like it is my last.

This year God has blessed me! He introduced me to a great group of girls that I can not picture my life without now. He has shown me his unfailing love through all 64 of them! I can honestly say that I have grown so much in my faith and will continue to grow so much within the next years. I am challenging myself each day to live out my faith! I want to shine my light to everyone I come into contact with. Yes I know that I may have a bad day and not feel like shinning that light but with Gods help he will use me in how my attitude is to that day.
"I am convinced that attitude is the key to success or failure in almost any of life's endeavors. Your attitude-your perspective, your outlook, how you feel about yourself, how you feel about other people-determines your priorities, your actions, your values. Your attitude determines how you interact with other people and how you interact with yourself." Carolyn Warner
I am now setting out to have the best attitude that I can despite circumstances.

Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment