Friday, July 8, 2011

a lesson in patience

This week one of my best friends, roommates, and sorority sisters came and stayed a few days with me. I have not seen her in what seemed like forever, and when we are around each other we are always bound to get into a deep conversation with each other about our lives. Though I will not be putting up the details of that conversation up here, I will tell you that God is working in both of our lives with patience, but in very different ways.
I am learning that my time will come, and though its not my season of blissfulness at the moment it may be someone else time. I know the goals that I want to get out of life, but its all about Gods timing and his will being met.
Right now I am ordering a book called "Praying for my Future Husband" and while reading the blog of the author I found this quote that describes what I am going through.
"Give Him time to do great things. The greater the work He plans, the greater the prayer preparation that may be necessary, including prayer for guidance. God often waits so that He can be even more gracious." Wesley L. Duewel
Maybe right now is not my time, but God is going to be even more gracious when it comes my time. Maybe things are not looking my way now, but when God provides he provides better than I ever imagined. Thank you God, for providing for me despite my gift of patience. I ask that you help me be content and enjoy the moments that you are giving me, and the days that you are blessing me with instead of trying to control the future for myself. Your plan will be done in my life, you will fight for me. I just need to be still.


No comments:

Post a Comment