Thursday, June 30, 2011

Let the children come

Yesterday marked the first reason why I am doing summer camp this summer. Yesterday was a monumental day in my life as well as the life of three of my campers.
As we were sitting in our small groups (bible study) and I was doing the lesson, my first and second graders were asking me really good questions about God. They asked how he could just be here and not come from anything. They asked how Jesus and God were two different people. These questions made me think, but they also challenged me to give them the very best answer that I could give them. These questions gave me a flash back to the night I asked Jesus come into my life while sitting in the living room with my mom and dad after asking these same type questions. I responded to my campers that many times these questions are reasons why people are not in Gods family, because they do not have hard evidence on how God was here, but that is where faith comes in. I shared with them my favorite bible verse in Hebrews "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not yet see." (vs. 11:1)
Yesterday was a hard day for me, I could have easily walked up to my boss and told them that I could not do this anymore, that I was done with summer camp. Yesterday I disrespected in so many ways by one of my children that it broke me down and I allowed Satan to tell me that I couldnt do this anymore. After the bible study and talking with three of my campers I will not focus on Satan. I know "satan does not win" and he should not win in my life. Yesterday my faith in things not see was the faith that I would make a difference in my campers lives this summer. By living out Gods love in my life and showing a Christian spirit and lifestyle three of my campers asked Jesus to come into their hearts. They asked to have a relationship with God. As I prayed prayers with each one of my campers and spoke with them about the decisions that they made, I was filled with JOY that the kingdom of God was Celebrating just as I was Celebrating for my campers. As I watched each one of them tell their parents grinning from ear to ear with excitement-I know I am here for a reason, and that reason is to share the love of Christ to my campers, so that more came become imitators of God.
I pray that these children will continue to build their christian principles and values, and will continue to strengthen their relationships with Christ. I pray that God will continue to bless me in helping me live out my faith daily, and be examples for them. I also pray that you too are being imitators of God for the little children watching you in your life. Let the children come to the lord, and walk by faith.

Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment