Monday, December 30, 2013

Here is to 2013. Here is to 2014.

I will be out of town for New Years so that I can celebrate the ringing in of 2014 with my fella and his family. I decided that this post on New Years was to important to me to not do, so here is my EARLY New Years Post.


2013 was a HUGE year.
It was a year of excitement, happy tears, stressful tears, Celebrations, successes, burdens and endless Possibilities.

In 2013:
I turned Twenty Two (probably one of the best years of my life)
Had the privilege of Leading my Sorority as their President.
Was accepted into two wonderful Graduate Programs for my MSW. 
Had to make one of the biggest life decisions upon going to Graduate School.
Graduated from Appalachian State with a Bachelors degree in Child Development, FCS and a Minor in Social Work. Became an Alumni of my Sorority. 
Was given the opportunity to spend my summer with the NC Infant Toddler program as their Intern.
Wrote my very first Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) for a wonderful family.
Worked along side of the Best people I could have asked for. 
Started Graduate School at Appalachian State University. 
Moved back in with my roommate Karen. (We transferred from ECU to ASU in undergrad together. She has been a HUGE part in my College experience, and now MSW experience.) 
Became NC Early Educator Certified Level 11. 
Started an internship with a local school with their Counseling department. 
Became a Great Grand Big. 
My childhood best friend became a mom!!!! 
Spent two years with the most amazing man I could ask for. 
Learned to knit.
Made grades I was proud of for the Fall Semester. 
Came home for the WHOLE Christmas Break, and have enjoyed my time with my family, friends and relaxing.

In 2014 I predict these things will happen: 
I will turn 23! 
I will start my second semester of my MSW program. 
I will be getting my own Clients at my Internship. 
I will be leading groups with my students. 
Marc will Graduate from Appalachian with his MPA!!! 
I will spend the summer taking classes, and trying to make some MONEY!
I will finish up my first semester of my last year of my MSW program. 
I will create a list of my own One Thousand Gifts
I will become involved more in my Church in Boone, NC. 
I will get involved in a small group. 

 When looking back at 2013 I am so amazed at how far I have come. How many great moments were apart of this year. How many achievements that have been apart of this year.

 I can honestly say this has been a year of learning, growing, and striving to be the best version of myself that I can. Though this year has also brought pain and disappointments my way, I would not trade this year for anything. I am looking forward to what 2014 holds for my life. I know that at this time next year, I will be just as amazed at the work the Lord has done in my life.

Here is to 2013. Here is to 2014. 

xoxo,
Mindy


1 comment:

  1. I just noticed this post & I'm so glad I made the list of things that happened in 2013 :) LOVE

    ReplyDelete