Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Social

Today I am linking up with Ashley from Ashley Lately's blog and starting my hand at the Sunday Social. This one is Holiday themed, and since I am home for Christmas break, it makes perfect sense.




1. What is your favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?
Home Alone is my all time favorite Christmas movie. I don't completely consider it Christmas unless I have watched this movie at least 20 times. 

I also enjoy watching: 
-Elf
-Miracle on 34th Street 
-The Santa Clause 1 and 2
- The Holiday 

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? If not what would you do?

My family always does an Operation Christmas Child Shoe Box. I love getting the opportunity to pack a box filled with goodies and needed items for a child in another country. It has always been a dream of mine to be on the team that distributes the boxes to the children. Their is an OCC processing center in the town where I go to College at. Last year I was able to go to the processing center and sort the boxes and pack them to be shipped. The experience at the processing center was so humbling, and a lot of fun. I would recommend it to anyone that has a processing center near them. 


3. What is your favorite toy received as a child for the holidays?
A Karaoke Machine! I got one when I was younger. Though I can not sing to save my life, I enjoyed singing songs for hours on that Machine. I became pretty good at singing Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilera. 


4. What was your must have item in high school for the holidays? 

The style when I was in High School was to have Hollister, American Eagle, and Areopostal clothing. I always wanted clothing with the name of the stores written on them so that you could tell that they were from there. Looking back on it now I see how lame that was. 

5. What do you do on Christmas Eve? If you are Jewish what does your family do for Hanukkah?
My family is always at my Mom's side of the families on Christmas Eve. We open presents with them and sing carols. A few years ago, my Church started a candle light service. Since my Dad is a Pastor, we now go there from my Grandparents. Now that me and my sister are older we do our families Christmas on Christmas eve. 





2 comments:

  1. I remember when I got my karaoke machine too! I think Britney and Christina were constantly playing from mine as well! :)
    Stopping by from the Social!

    Lindi
    Sweet Southern Sparkle
    www.sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindi
    Thanks for stopping by. Glad to see there are other Britney and Christina lovers out there. :)

    ReplyDelete