Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"There is a place only love can go"


It is hard to believe that at this time in my life last year I was taking the GRE, finishing up Graduate School Applications, and stressing over if I would actually get into Graduate School, and only having one hundred some days left of my College Career. It is hard to believe that a year ago has come and gone so quickly. 

Fast forward and I am in Graduate School, I am learning so much about Social Work, I have celebrated, and I have felt defeated.This season has taught me so much about myself, about true strength, and about becoming an adult.  I know that I have been placed here for specific reasons, and I cannot wait to see where God takes me.  


Throughout my program, I am learning that it is not always about the skills, it is about being genuine in your work. One of my favorite Beth Moore quotes is "God shines the brightest light in the darkest places." No, we are not all called to be Social Workers, and see the "hard" of this world. We are not all called to be "that special person" and to go out and save the world. But we are all called to be genuine and love others deeply. I am learning that the responses I get as to my chosen career path are not meant to be negative about my chose profession, they are only a reaffirmation from God telling me that he has placed me, set me apart for a very specific purpose. 


"Oh, I know this song won't do
Enough to prove my love to you
In my heart you'll always know
There is a place only love can go
There is a place only you can go"






This song has been one of the many themes of this semester. To always remember there is a place only love can go. There is a place only [I] can go. 

xoxo, 
Mindy 

No comments:

Post a Comment