Sunday, February 13, 2011

1 Chorinthians 13:4


" Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
LOVE NEVER FAILS."


This week I have dug deep and though about what love really means to me. I have read countless article and saw all these examples of Love from other people. But love to me is simply 1 Chorinthians 13:4. That is the perfect love the love that we are all seeking but somehow never know where to find it. Valentines day is not just a romantic holiday but its a day set aside to show everyone around you that you love them- and that for one day you treat them a little extra special.


This weekend I got to spend a great weekend with my Valentine of three years. As we start off this new year we are striving to live out the 1 Chorinthians love between the two of us. Yes it will be hard because we are both human. We will both become jealous over something, be boastful about something, and we might even be rude. But as humans and followers of Christ we are both striving to rise about the human aspect of love and live our love out! And I love that! I can not wait!


Today I want to also think of my love for all three of my family members! They are simply the best. As I have said before I am blessed with two of the greatest parents on the face of this earth and the best sister a girl could ask for! With them I have everything anyone could ask for!

Love,
Mindy


No comments:

Post a Comment