Thursday, February 24, 2011

Speaking the Word Activates Faith

In my Sorority's weekly bible study we have been going through the book Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick. This book is absolutely AMAZING and I would recommend anyone who wants to grow and ask God to do great things in their lives take the time to read it. In the chapter that I am reading this week Steven talks about Preaching to yourself. As soon as he started talking about this I remembered seeing this adorable video clip this summer and falling in love with it. We should all say these things to ourselves each day. Not only does it help us get through the day, feel more confident in who we are, but it is a nice little way to boots our own ego (which we all need at times.)


Though Furtick does not talk about Affirmation and Preaching to ourselves like this, he does give 12 different Audacious Faith Confessions for us to recite to ourselves just when we need them.
1. I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation
2. I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation.
3. I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all my heart
4. I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life.
5. I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do.
6. I have no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me.
7. I am faithful....
8. I am completely whole-physically, mentally, and emotionally
9. I am increasing in influence and favor for the kingdom of God.
10. I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ.
11. I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make
12. I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus' name.

"Speak the Word as your first expression in the morning. Speak the Word over your family and friends all through the day. Speak the Word to yourself each night as you process your failures and celebrate your victories."

Go out and Speak the Word of God today! :)
Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment