Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Its your life...

What ya going to do? The world is watching you! Everyday the choices you make, say who you are and what your Heart beats for- its an open door.
-Francesca Battistelli

These last few months this has been my constant motivation- that its my life but what am I going do do and who am I living for? Over the past few months I have had Constant communication with God about my major and have been in prayer about is this the right thing for me to do with my life. I love children with my whole heart and I know that God has put that passion in my heart for a purpose. I also know that God has also put a passion to serve him as a reason in my life. With changing from Birth-Kindergarten Education to Child Development I now have new possibilities for my future career. As of right now God is working on my heart about three possible careers- I just have to listen and see which one that my heart is in and feel that God wants me to be in.
All my life I have wanted to be a teacher, but I know that "when God removes something from our lives, it's not because he is trying to take away something good. It is because he's trying to make room for something better. (Sun Stand Still)" I truly feel that God has not taken away my ability to teach kids, but has taken away my passion to be in a classroom with them for something so much more amazing for his glory. If we "jump when the wave of fear and doubt crashes (Sun Stand Still)" on something that God has called us to do we will be honored and praised. I am pushing away my fear and my doubt that teaching is the only thing I have known that I want to do with my life and praying to God as to what now is it that he wants me to do.
God knows the plans that he wants for our lives, so here are the three that are my plans and could possibly turn into one of Gods plans.

1. Work in a agency that works with families of children with Downs Syndrome
I have such a heart and passion for these children and want to see them succeed. I also want to encourage their families along the way. They are all awesome and all unique but they all are filled with so much love.
2. Go into the ministry and become a Children's Minister
This is where my passion for children and my passion for God combine. I am so excited on praying more about this and learning more.
3. Work at the Partnership for Young Children educating families on Childhood.
The heart of a child is their family! The family is the number one influence- and they need to be educated, because some families are not. Children all need a loving home.

I am praying for BIG things in my life and wanting God to use me just exactly where he wants me! I know everything in my life happens for a reason, and God is going to use each event to bless me greatly! I am excited about Life and where God is going to lead me.

"one step he leads, and one step I'll follow...I dont know the future or all that's instore, but i'll take one step, one step to follow my Lord."


Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment