Wednesday, February 9, 2011

a very special man


My grandpa is a very special man to me. Not only do we share the same birthday week we share a lot of other characteristics in life. He is one of the hardest working men I know, and always goes above and beyond what you ask of him. He loves to do mission work and I can not remember a time that this man has not gone or tried to go on a mission trip. I can remember going to my grandparents as a little girl and eating ice cream from the carton (something my parents never let me do) and eating cereal from mixing bowls. I also have never found another person who can make a better tomato sandwich. I can remember being forced to dress up like people from "the old days" for a special Sunday at church and having a smile on my face. I hope that I can be half the woman that he is man one day (if that makes any sense).
This week my papaw is going into to have bypass surgery. The surgery is to last 4-6 hours and 5 bypasses will be done. I am asking all of my blogging friends to please pray for him while he is in the surgery and also for his recovery. Please pray for the doctors as they are operating on him and just let Gods hand guide them during this time.My Grandpa is a firm believer in God so I know he is trusting him throughout this whole process.

"Do not be afraid or dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, its Gods."
-2 Chronicles 20:15




Love,
Mindy

1 comment: