Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friends a world away

If you know me, then you know I can not go very long without talking about a mission trip I went on to Kenya the summer after my Senior year in High School. While in Kenya, I met one of my very best friends. Though we are so far apart and we can only communicate through facebook, twitter, and skype and any other social media site we might find in the near future our friendship is still strong. I know that if I come to him asking him for prayer, he will pray for me and the same for him.
I am in awe of the fact that praying for someone in a different country means there is always prayer for you happening. When all of us American's are asleep, I know there is someone across a huge body of water, lifting up my name in prayer. It is such a comfort to me. I have loved having this experience of having a best friend across country. It has made me stronger in my faith because I see just how strong they are in theirs. I am always reminded to take my burdens to God, and also to seek answers in the bible. Though its hard not being able to pick up the phone and call my friend, I know if I need him I can pick up my computer send a message and I will hear back as soon as he gets it.
Julius, is working on a music album with some other great Kenyan boys I had the privilege of getting to know that summer. They all have such a great relationship with God, that it makes me want to grow more in my faith just talking to them. They are some great guys, and Kenya's next best rap group! Take a listen to some of their music, and enjoy Kenya! Also be in prayer for them as they travel to preform, and also making there album-which I have been promised to receive a copy three times! I can not wait to have Kenya's biggest group playing through my radio as I travel back and forth to school-So Julius get to steppin!

Meet my best guy friend Julius:



So We made him try pizza the next night. He feel in LOVE.

Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment