Friday, April 22, 2011

Old Journals

Throughout my life I have kept journals or diary's of my most private and personal feelings. Journaling has always helped me just calm down when situations get tough and when I need to get things out. This week as Ive said in my other two blog posts, has been tough. So tonight I wanted to take out my journals and read them and see how God has gotten me through every situation in my life. God has been my constant through everything and he will also get me to the end of Sophomore year. Seeing these Journals not only have shown me what I have experienced but also that I am a strong girl, and I can hold my head up and pray faith filled prayers.

In High School I would always start out my page by writing the verse from my devotion that night at the top of the page.Looking back now it shows me that God has always been there with me through every situation that I wrote about. Most of the verses related somehow or someway to the topic I discussed on that page, and it is amazing to me that at 15 I was so in love with God. I can remember countless rants that I had written about boys I had little crushes on, and then drama of the school day. I fully confided in my journal and put my whole heart into each entry. Reading it now, I still can feel the excitement, the hurt, or the joy that any of the situations I went through caused me through the words that I used. I wrote every detail almost like I was talking to my best friend. Through every heart ache and every Joy my journal has been with me, My GOD has been with me.
I am So glad that my Journals have now become meaningful to my life instead of sappy love poems and crazy boy crushes saying "my life is over" type things. I really had no clue at 15 where God was going to have me at 20 and how God was going to use me during the time in between. Now most of my journaling is shared with you all I do not get into the intense intimate details that I once did when keeping them private. But these journals are helping me grow in my faith by relating everyday situations to God and how he is going to use it some other day-and I hope that they are helping you too.
To all my single Ladies out there Here is acutally something meaningful that I did find in my journal. Still about love, But one great image.
A healthy realtionship with a guy who LOVES God gives me a glimpse
of a part of the LOVE that God has for me.
A guy is not perfect, and never will be.
He is not my Savior. he is not the answer to all my dreams and longings.
I must learn the difference between guys who are healthy emotionally
and spiritually, and guys who are not. And this is Critical:
I must not mistake his opinions for the opinions of God. That guy may never call me
gorgeous or smart or witty. That doesnt change the fact that I am beautiful and smart and funny
and amazing. No matter what a guy says or doesnt say:
GOD IS STILL WILD ABOUT ME!

Remember to be Wild about God, because he is Wild about you!

Also, I would like to welcome one of my dear friends, future roommate, and sister to the blogging world. Check out her blog here and give her some love. She has great things to share with the world.

Love,
Mindy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy,
    I found your blog a few months ago when you started following my blog. I have meant to write a number of times, but I'm just a procrastinator. No excuses. :-( I just want to say how impressed I am by your words, your faith and your maturity. It caught me off-guard, once again, when you mentioned your age in this post. You are an inspiration and it will be amazing to see how the Lord uses you! It is encouraging to see a young woman, so grounded and strong, giving such solid hope to others. You are blessed, and you are a blessing!
    ~Trena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trena,
    I can not express how much your comment meant to me. The words you said were such an encouragement. I love reading your blog, and it makes me feel like I am in Kenya all over again when reading the posts. You are making an impact on so many lives there and here.
    Thanks again.
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete