Sunday, April 17, 2011

until the day I had you...

This post may be all over the place, but I am not wanting to study for my Bio Lab final and I have had words that I really needed to share on here lately but just have not had the time to do it.
Many of my friends that I have been blessed to get to know this year are going through something that I went through two and a half years ago. Something that I never wanted to go through nor want anyone to go through- heartbreak. Going from being perfectly happy with a significant other to that horrible alone feeling, like you have no one in the world. I read countless books during this time telling me to "enjoy my single days" but all I wanted was to feel that love and be able to love in return again. You take advice with a smile and say "thank you" but in your head and heart you know you wont really take it. But to the ladies out there reading this: Take the advice. Enjoy your single days, and Love yourself because thats when you will find someone that will love you too.
God was with me everyday during my alone time and it is the best filling to grow closer to him than anything in the world. "A woman's heart should be so lost in God, that a Man must seek him to find her." I love that verse because how true is that??? As a young christian woman you need to be grounded in your faith and so does your future boyfriend, or spouse and let your two relationships with God merge together. Look for someone who will lift you up in your walk with God, who will not pressure you into doing things. Someone who stands on the same beliefs that you do. Take those beliefs and live them out daily-shine so that everyone can see you are in love with a perfect God.
You know that glow you get when you meet a boy for the first time? The first time you talk to the guy you like and everyone knows somethings up? Well thats how us as Christian women should live daily. We should glow because God is in out heart and we want everyone to know he is there! And this is the time to do that!!!
Though I am not single anymore I am so blessed to be with a great boy for two and a half years. He is a Christian, a hard worker, and he loves unconditionally everyday! I was not ready for him when he walked into my life but he was ready for me. Relationships take time to strengthen and become what me and my boyfriend are today.
God wants to be your best friend. God is ready for you. Are you ready to G.L.O.W. for him????



Now I can not post a blog without including some cute pictures from my sororities formal. Enjoy them and see how we are glowing for God!
LOVE,
Mindy







No comments:

Post a Comment