Monday, April 11, 2011

This Summer....

First off I want to apologize for my lack of blogging lately. I have been so bombarded with school work, sorority functions, and trips home to see my grandpa (but they are all wonderful events that take place in my life). This week...tomorrow actually I have two test, a paper, and a whole lot of places to be. BUT it will be reworded by a wonderful weekend with my boyfriend, Relay for life and Formal with my sisters, and Walking a dog on Sunday with my boyfriend. But right after that I will be flooded yet again with homework, last minute touches on papers, and more places to be. Your probably reading this and thinking ok Mindy if you have so much stuff to do, then why are you blogging? Well I wanted to update you on something exciting that will be happening this summer....

This summer I have been given the opportunity to work at Blaise Baptist Church in Mocksville, NC at their summer children's Camp. I am so excited for this opportunity and time I get to spend with children this summer. I know God has great things planned for me and also for this camp. I can not wait to get to know my children that I will be working with, and also share Jesus with them-because after all he is my best friend.

Please pray for me this summer as I work with these children. Pray that God will give me the words to speak to them and also help build relationships with them. I love kids, and God has called me to work with them. I am also so thankful that I am going to get the opportunity to be working with a Children's Ministry. This will give me a feel to see if this is really where God is calling me to be with my life.

Now back to school work and my bed is looking nice right now.
Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment