Tuesday, April 19, 2011

twenty four hours

A lot can happen in just twenty four hours. Emotions can go from extreme highs to really low lows. You never really know what to expect in these hours of your life, what will happen, and what all will take place during that time. You are not guaranteed your next breath, your not guaranteed your next turn down the road-you never know thats why you have to live.
These twenty four hours that I have lived between Monday and Tuesday I have struggled. I have felt like I was on the top of the world with excitement, then hit rock bottom of disappointment. I wasnt disappointed in myself, but disappointed in a prayer that I have been praying all year to be answered the opposite way than I expected. I know that Gods hand is at work, but when you give your all in a prayer and you see it turn out differently and you must now change your prayer, your mentality, and your heart its hard.
In my twenty four hours I have found out about three assignments that are all due by Thursday for my Math 1010 class and a Test next Tuesday upon trying to complete papers, another test for one of my classes, and oh yeah more papers.
I also found out that my Grandpa might be going back to the Hospital due to trouble breathing. Please keep both him and my family in your prayers. We want him to get better, but we do realize that this is a long process.
In the mist of this I am having problems with living arrangements this year. It has been test after test of my faith. Though I have not handled every situation to the best of my ability I know that I have done my all in working through this situation. And all I can say to myself is two weeks, two weeks and I will be home for the summer, I will be out of this environment, and lessons will be learned from this.
So as I said when I began this post I am filled with five hundred different emotions right now. I dont know what to feel. I dont know if it is ok to be disappointed because I know God has a plan that I cant see right now. I want to be happy for my friends, because they are all excited for this new adventure. I want to feel peace about situations I can not control because they are all in Gods will for my life.
But instead of saying "God why is all of this happening in twenty-four hours" I am looking to him. I am seeking his guidance and will for my life. He has a great plan for me. He is not finished with me yet.






You know all of my fears, there's nothing Your eyes can't see
When I tried to give up, Lord, You never gave up on me
I give You all of my hopes and dreams, I lay them down
Of all the places I've looked Your the one truth I have found

Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment