Monday, May 9, 2011

praying for Humility

This year I was introduced to Elevation Church through my sorority and also the new Elevation Global:Appstate that is now on campus. I have fallen in LOVE! I love the sermons that Pastor Steven Furtick brings each week. This church is based out of Charlotte, NC but has several Global sites as well. Since Charlotte is a drive I am unable to attend on Sunday's but I always watch the sermons online each week. This week, Pastor Stevens wife, Holly brought the message and boy was I inspired.

The sermon before Pastor Steven said "Before you can speak life into someone, you have to be humble." Holly talked about how to live out humility and be Jesus in our relationships.

"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."
-Philippians 2:1-3

In our relationships we must embrace humility. We must strive to serve others and be Jesus. We sometimes use the excuse that they were not doing this or they didnt treat me this way, why should I be Jesus to them? Jesus humbled himself to serve others, and God lifted him up. As we humble ourselves to serve others God will be there to lift you up too. "You be Jesus, and let God be God. God is asking you to be Jesus in every relationship you are in. Friendship, roommate, marriage, dating, and even family. You be Jesus, and God will work on your behalf.

"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence-continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."
-Philippians 2: 12-13

Be Jesus, and Let God be God.
Pray along with me for Humility to be filled in your life and relationships.

Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment