Saturday, May 7, 2011

W.O.W



My Mom loves the phrase "Wow is Mom spelled upside down." She loves it so much she even has a tshirt with the saying on it. When she first got it I totally thought it was the corniest but she loved it. She signs all her emails and texts to me and my sister Wow. Not mom. Not her name. WOW.
Truth be told she is a WOW mom! What makes a wow mom you ask? well here we go.
A WOW MOM is...
1. Someone who sits at all your ballgames from 1st grade to 11th grade with no complaints
2. Someone who will drive you, pick you up and take you to practice, tryouts, and then sit with you when you dont make the team.
3. Someone who will stay up late to finish your science fair project and let you go to sleep.
4. Someone who helps everyone before she helping herself
5. Someone who after you get her on the phone, you can sit and tell all your problems too
6. Someone who as you right this comes into your room and sits on your bed to tell you something funny she saw on tv.
7. Someone who encourages me to do my best, and everything will work out.
8. Someone who you can send your math homework too and she will look over it for you.
9. Someone who will walk allover the mall to help you find a prom dress that looks just right.
10. And someone who is your best friend.

Motherhood is not easy, but my mom has done a great job raising two daughters and working as a middle school teacher. I have had a great example of what a mom is and how I should be as a mom when I have children.
Though we had many detours on family vacations to see covered bridges, and back roads she has always made them enjoyable. Esepically when we were both told to be quiet by my dad, but all we could do was laugh. My mom has taught me the art of peeing in my pants when I laugh too hard, and also how to be a woman. My mom has displayed a woman who loves the Lord all throughout my life, and has help mold me into the Godly woman I am today.

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving




Celebrate your moms today!
Love,
Mindy

1 comment: