Friday, May 13, 2011

Things Im Missing...

They say you leave your family and go off to school to create a family of your own. My first year of college I did not have that family feeling, but this year I have a family in Boone. I have a support system that at any time I can call them and say "hey you wanna hang out" and me and my girlfriends will go get coffee, watch movies, shop, or just have fun spending time together. I am so blessed to have this, because this type of community is what makes your college experiences.These are the times that you will sit and tell your children about. These are the people that your children will meet and call your family friends one day.

Now I am home for the summer, and my friends are hours away, and my family is at work everyday all day. My job has not started yet so boredom and loneliness has kicked in. I am very much a people person, and I love being around others the majority of my day. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE BEING HOME! but I am missing my community that I formed in Boone. I am missing the "hey girl you wanna hangouts" that will appear on my phone at any random moments throughout the day. I am missing the laughter with my girlfriends, the tears when we think that we wont pass a class, or we cant get through a project or a relationship problem. I am missing the support of good girlfriends that I know will be there anytime I need them.
I got to reunite with two of my girlfriends on Wednesday and it was oh so good for the soul. I loved every moment of spending time with them! We shared many laughs, many stories, and many memories as we were helping fight childhood cancer while listening to some of our favorite country singers.

Though it was a short time with my friends, I know we will plan another adventure before the summer is over. I thank God for my community and the relationships that I have established at school. It is so nice to finally see how happy I am with the decisions I've made about schools, and how God provides for those that trust his guidance.

.
Katie, Me, and Holly before the concert.

Me and My boy enjoying the concert

our favorite singer of the night. Chris Young <3

No comments:

Post a Comment