Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fight Like a Girl

No, This post will not talk about the battle with Cancer that many women these days are fighting, but this post will talk about my fight to get through my Sophomore year of College without a mental break down and keeping my faith.
I want to first off say my Sophomore year despite a few things has been amazing. And this is why.
1. I LOVE ASU
I would not want to be anywhere else. I love the college, my professors, my major, and I love Boone. I love waking up and seeing the work of God as I go to classes. I love how close I am to go home or my parents can come up. I love how Boone reminds me of my own home and I dont mind staying here a few weeks at a time. I love parkway dates and what will soon become Frolicking Fridays with my new roommates next fall.
2. I Have yet again Survived another year of Distance
Me and Brett have survived our second school year in a long distance relationship, and we are doing great. I love that he tries to come up twice a month. I love that he LOVES Boone just as much as I do. I love that he is getting involved in my college life, being friends with my friends, and enjoying my experiences with me and also encouraging me on my bad days.
3. I Gained EVEN MORE SISTERS
I love my sister but she is very far away this year in New York. I have gained so many girls in Sigma Alpha Omega that feel like my real sisters. I can cry with them, I can laugh with them, I can be silly with them, and I even grown in my relationship with God with them. I am so glad that I joined this great God filled organization. I am already praying for the new girls that I'll meet next year and hope I can be just as amazing as the sisters were to me this year!

This year has not been rainbows and butterflies by any means. I have had struggles everyday. I have been mocked because of my faith and my morals. I have been beaten down. But I fought to make it through. On Friday, I thought that I was not going to be able to take much more, but again thanks to my sisters, my boyfriend, and my mom and dad: I pushed through.
Tonight I read a verse that helped ease my mind about this whole situation. It comes from Matthew 5:10 and it reads "blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." God has given me the kingdom of heaven because I have been persecuted for my faith, for my morals and for how I live my life according to Gods will. Not many my age are living their life daring to ask God to radiate through every situation. Though I know that many situations I could have handled better than I did this year, I feel that it has been a growing experience for me. I have been hurt in so many ways, and continued to love. And that is what we as Christians are called to do.
My sister put this quote up on her blog the other day and I fell in love with it. It sums of Christianity and what we as believers are called to do.

"No one can be to the people in your life who you can be to them. No one can offer what you can offer. There are many things God calls us to do, but loving well always comes first. The relationships with the people in your life must be fought for." -Captivating

Be Jesus to Someone despite the pain they have caused you. Be their light during their darkness. We are called to Love and to Love with our full heart. Go out and be Jesus today, and let him fight along with you during your weaker days.

Love,
Mindy

1 comment:

  1. goodness mindy..your post brought tears to my eyes. i am so blessed to have you as a sister and a friend.

    ReplyDelete