Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To have and to Hold


I have now realized that many of my friends come to me for relationship advice. It has happened all my life even when I was the one who had never had a boyfriend, never even held a boys hand, they still yearned for my opinions of what they were going through. I am going to start a series of blogs about relationships advice and my opinions. I am by no means the expert when it comes to Love, Love lost, and Love regained, but I have been through it all first hand. I hope these blogs help you by showing you what true love really is like and how we as believers should be willing to die for Christ.

To have and To hold...
I hear many of my single friends say they NEED a boyfriend. I always tell them you do not NEED a boyfriend. Happiness does not come from guys. Happiness should not come from having a boy that you call up every night or go out on dates with. Yes guys and boyfriends bring all those things but bringing yourself happiness is how you do that yourself. I find simple pleasure in reading a good book on my bed. Or watching a movie with my girlfriends. As a human we are made to want that inmate close loving relationship with the opposite sex but we do not NEED it.
I want to point this out though:
To have and to hold love in any relationships we have is important. We must love our Neighbors, love our enemies, love our family, love our friends, and most importantly love our God. We must first have a relationship with him and him alone. This relationship between you and God will become so strong that when another person inters it what a wonderful day that will be. They will bring out new points in the scriptures that you never thought of, and you will build them up in Christs word. Your two relationships with Christ will blend but it all starts with one solid foundation with you and your creator. Holding onto these principles will bring you closer to you and to the one of the opposite sex that God has designed you for. Hold on to these beliefs and capture them in your heart. You were made to crave relationships.
Holding love in your heart will help you build up your relationships with people. We can all think about the one person that is always negative about life. Hold onto love, speak Godly words and aspirations into peoples hearts and let them know you have faith in who they can be.

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
Oscar Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment