Tuesday, March 8, 2011

because of the ones I am loving along the way

Tonight as I read in my book, The Woman I am becoming by T. Suzanne Eller, which I am LOVING by the way the topic was on FRIENDSHIPS. As I was reading I began reflecting on my friendships throughout the years. Some where filled with hurt, and Some brought me joy-but they all made me who I am today!
In this section Eller talks about how important friendships are to our mental and physical health, and I have to agree. I have been blessed to have friendships old and new that fill my life with laughter, and despite the distance or the amount of time its been since we have talked we always pick back up where we left off. My favorite part of this section is a quote from Tammi Steele that says " A good friendship is knowing each others heart and being there for each other- especially during the difficult times." As I grow older I know my friendships will change, but one thing that will not is my priority to have amazing friendships and invest time in each one of them!

Now I would like to take some time and Thank the ones that have loved me along my life journey.


Brittany: This girl is simply amazing-and that is the best way to describe her. She is filled with a HUGE heart that loves God, and Challenges me to be a better christian just by being around her. I loved her ever since she took me under her wing at chick-fil-a and taught me the ropes to my first job. Though we dont see each other nearly enough, she is the best friend a girl could ask for.

Paula: My sister is My BEST FRIEND. I know she will be there for me in anything and everything I ever decide to do. She takes care of me WAY to much-but i wouldnt want it anyother way.

Rachael: The only other 20 yr old that still enjoys Hannah Montanna. We have had our share of difficult times, but its only made our friendship stronger. We are at two different places in life, but we always find a way to connect to eachother. Life would not be the same without you.

Holly, Jenn, Karen: Each are all individually different, but have a huge place in my heart. These girls are not only friends, they are sisters. I know I can come to them with crazy stories, ambitions, and problems and they will give me advise that I need to hear. My college career would not be the same without any of them.

If you have a true friend cherish them, if you are a true friend know you are a gift to someone. Because its the ones who love you along the way, that make your life so wonderful.
Love,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment