Tuesday, March 15, 2011

it was beautiful...



First off I just want to say that I know my friends are going to laugh at me when they see I have posted a blog about the Bachelor, but it relates I promise! Last night I did not get to see the whole thing, but I got to see a beautiful moment- The proposal to EMILY! The girl I was rooting for since the day she stepped out of the Limo.
Last night in Brad's Proposal he said to Emily: "You’re the one, Em. You’re my once in a lifetime. Please let me be your once in a lifetime. Please let me be your best friend. Please let me protect you and your beautiful daughter, and please let me love you for the rest of your life. I love you, Emily. I am truly in love with you. Emily, please make me happier than I’ve ever been in my life and marry me.” OMG!!!! That is every girls dream- like seriously. I mean look at how beautiful it was. Picture Perfect!

As I watched the full episode today and continued dreaming about how beautiful the proposal between Emily and Brad was, I got to thinking this is how God wants to Love us. He wants to be our forever, our constant. He yearns to be our best friend and our protector. He wants to make us happier than we have ever been with finding the Joy that he has given us in our hearts.
But are we making God our forever? Do we only rush to God when the going gets tuff? How about praising him and thanking him for the blessings he has placed in my life. My goal is to make God my Forever! I want to be MADLY in LOVE with my creator. I want to show everyone that I am in LOVE with a wonderful being just like you show someone you are in love with another person. I want God to radiate from my life. I want my life to be beautiful for God. No it will not be picture perfect, but thats ok. So here I am God you will be my forever!

Is God your forever? Is he your protector? Are you in love with him just like he is MADLY in love with you?

{and if you haven't watched the proposal yet, ladies it will make you weak in the knees, or maybe just me since I was TEAM EMILY!}
Love,
Mindy


1 comment:

  1. Girl! When I saw this I almost died, because I totally just wrote a blog about the bachelor around an hour ago. Love it!

    ReplyDelete